Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Merry Christmas

Hi Folks, just wanted to echo Beano's Xmas wishes. It's been good to read about home from some of you old-timers (no disrespect).. Have a great Christmas, wherever you are and a peaceful and prosperous New Year to you all... Here's a wee joke I found on the Net. Keep up the postings, it's nice to read about the old days and folk from mine and my families past in Lisburn...

Cheers

Richard (Jim) Mccleery

Letter to her son in New York

'Dear Paddy,

Your father has a new job, with 2,000 people under him. He's a gardener at the local cemetery.

Since I last wrote I have had all my teeth out and a new cooker put in.

I was going to send you a turkey but it got better.

I sent you a coat in the post. When the post office weighed it they said I'd have to pay extra for the buttons because they were so heavy. So I cut the buttons off. You'll find them in the top pocket.

We've had a threatening letter from the undertaker. Unless we pay the outstanding money for your grandma's funeral by Wednesday - up she comes.

I must close now. I would have enclosed some money, but I'd already sealed the envelope.

A team of council workers were drilling nearby and accidentally cut through the drains to the house. Since then there's been a terrible smell from your loving mother, Nancy.'

Re: Merry Christmas

LOVED THE JOKES!

Hi everybody. I would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous and Peaceful New Year. I really enjoy all the entries in the forum and if there is any way I can help please ask and I will do my best to help.

My skype name is "limehill"

Jim, you seem like the sort of chap to whom one REALLY COULD turn for help.
Good luck in the coming year. No doubt I shall look in again a few times before the grandkids return, ( after the big day, trains pernitting), but in the meantime - HAPPY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE, and thanks for the memories.

Re: Re: Merry Christmas

Hi to all, specially Jim Collins who got me on to his sites on Lisburn, Hope Santa gives you all a Big Red Apple and a Jaffa Orange in your stocking, like we used to get. And a cap gun with holster (men only), those were the days, Best wishes to all.

Re: Re: Re: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone, and best wishes for 2006.
Terry

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year in 2006.
Robert.

FROHE WEIHNACHT AND THE TAP AFF THE MORGEN TIL YIZ ALL!
DONALD

Happy Christmas to you all. Hope it's a good one. Eat,drink and be merry.
Look forward to the new year and all the messages.
Sallyx

Re: Re: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone may all your wishes come true ,good health and happiness to all God Bless you all Renee

Good Morning all,
This is just to wish all of you a Merry Chrismas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.
A special word of thanks to Jim who makes all this possible.
May your God go with you and may my God Bless you.