Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lisburn Talent

The host of a local radio station here in Ontario tells a few “Wacky but True” stories every morning. Yesterday I had a pleasant surprise when he mentioned the following!
“Can you believe a guy from Lisburn, Northern Ireland, Earl Byrd, yodeled for 26 hours non stop for a world record” then continued on with a few fun comments. I remember Earl and his brother Sammy from the Low Road, Earls record has been beaten now but still, that was quite an achievement.

Re: Lisburn Talent

Wasn,t there a sister called Eva as well? I remember Mr Bird too, the family lived beside the Andersons if I remember correctly
Donald

Re: Re: Lisburn Talent

Donald, I'm not sure about a sister, Tom might know?
Terry

Re: Re: Re: Lisburn Talent

Hi , there is an Eva Bird also Florence, sister of Errol and Sam, and they lived beside Andersons on Huguenot Drive.