Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wonderful Update

To all my Forum friends,

We had a call from Doreen's surgeon today, to tell us what we have been waiting to hear, she is clear. They removed everything and most of all she will not need any further treatment. She will of course have follow up consultations every six months over a period of three years just to be sure. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I can't put into words just how I feel at present, it's the most wonderful news I have ever had.
By the way, I asked Doreen out for the first time 48 years ago today. Oct.26th.1957.

God Bless,
Beano

Re: Wonderful Update

Hi Beano,
I am so pleased for you and Doreen.
I hope you both have a long and happy life together.
Enjoy each other.
LR

beano
great news you,ll both be feeling a million dollars crack a champagne
best regards tom

Billy and Doreen
I am delighted to hear your good news, keep well
Maggi

Hi Beano,that is wonderful news,hope you both go out to celebrate.Ken.

Re: Re: Wonderful Update

Beano, have been thinking about you both as the 24th came and went. Absolutely delighted the news is good.
take care Maureen

Congratulations Doreen, wonderful news I am so pleased for you and of course you too Beano.
Enjoy yourselves.
Sallyxx

Hi Sally,

We will be in Bearwood in March for our nephews wedding,
maybe we could meet for a coffee.

Beano

Beano
Sneaked in here in Fichtel mountains for a wee duke , glad everything worked out
Donald

Have just spent a fabulous day with grandchildren. Peeped in quickly. Good feelings keep coming. Beano - Love and best wishes to your family from a short tempered, little old softie.

Billy,

News like that is better than winning the Lotto... Glad it all worked out for Doreen and you, it's a big weight off you mind there's no doubt... Take care to both of you and I'll pass on the good news to my Dad.

Richard (Jim) Mccleery

Beano, only one word, Magic.

Dear Billy & Doreen:

I am so thankful to hear of your good news. Enjoy today and each other. Love and blessings to you both.

Daphne