Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lisburn Ulster Star

Hi,When I click on The Ulster Star I get Mid Ulster Mail what is going on here? any sugggestions!!!Sally in BC Canada.

Re: Lisburn Ulster Star

Hi Sally,
I think you will find they are part of the same group ( Morton's). I haven't looked but there should be a drop down scroll to allow you to pick any paper in the group.
LR

Re: Re: Lisburn Ulster Star

Thankyou LR but I have checked and I dont see anywhere to find other papers in the Morton group this is so strange as I just read the Ulster Star last week it is not up to date but at least it was there and now it isn't,Sally in BC.

Sally,
There appears to be a problem.
If you click on the following site:

http://www.mortonnewspapers.com

you will see a drop down menu for papers within that group. Click on Ulster Star ( and pray!!!). After some time the Ulster Star should appear. I have to say that it is weeks out of date, which is one of the reasons I stopped accessing it.

It would appear that a company called Johnston Press has an interest. I have e-mailed the Mid Ulster paper to ask for some clarification but I am not holding my breath.
I hope this helps.

LR

Sally,
Ignore all previous correspondence from me.
The website you want is:

www.lisburntoday.co.uk

I hope this solves your problem.
LR

I managed, through mortonnewspapers.com, with difficulty, to get through to a Ballymoney Newspaper connection. Where else would you find such gems as this:
POLICE are conducting a major hunt for the two idiots who caused Monday?s train crash