Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone know Lexie Burrows from Knockmore.??

Was wanting to get in touch with one of Lexies boys, Ian, Nigel or Stephen to congratulate them on Drumlough pipeband winning Grade 4b at the Worlds in Glasgow last weekend.

Re: Anyone know Lexie Burrows from Knockmore.??

Hi Richard, sorry I can’t help you with your search, have been away too long. Do you know if those guys are related to George Borrows from Knockmore? I worked with George in Gambles Simms.
Terry

Re: Anyone know Lexie Burrows from Knockmore.??

Hi Richard.

I hope you got my email about Stephen Burrows, if not please let me know.

His email address is svburr@aol.com.

Terry
Stephen, Ian, Nigel are George Burrows sons.
Email: info@lisburn.com

Re: Re: Anyone know Lexie Burrows from Knockmore.??

Terry, Lexie Burrows is Geordie who worked in Gamble Simms.I worked there from 1970-79.Love the Craic.

Re: Re: Re: Anyone know Lexie Burrows from Knockmore.??

Thanks Kevin/Jim. Geordie was the most relaxed guy I knew and great to work with.
Kevin, I left Gambles in 73, so you would have known the Catney’s, Gerry, Joe, Lawrence. Felix Trainer, Stanley Mc Curley, too many to list, I’m sure you must have heard a few of Alex Nuts fishing stories (the ones that got away) he was a character!
and as you say, the craic was great. I heard Gambles Simm’s eventually closed?
Terry