Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old classmates and old friends

I would like to hear from anyone who went to Largymore and Sloan St schools between the years 1943 to 1951.
One of the first entries I read on the forum was from Margaret English from the Ballynahinch Rd. I understand she is in the U.S. It would be nice to hear from her, also her sister Rosemary. Others I haven't heard of for years are, Richard Lavery,Eddie Smith, George McCartney, Ken.Scott, Dennis McFarlane, Bill Greer, Ronnie McMurray Charlie and Hazel Irvine, Billy Maginnis and a few more.
I am sure some of you read the Forum, so give it a go.

Sincerely,
Billy Hanna (Beano)

Re: Old classmates and old friends

HI BEANO ,I WENT TO LARGYMORE SCHOOL 1939 TO 1945 THEN MOVED TO THE CENTRAL ,YOU WERE ASKING ABOUT DENNIS MC FARLAND I SAW HIM WHEN I WAS ON HOLIDAY HE HASNT CHANGED MUCH I DIDNT HAVE A CHANCE TO SPEAK TO HIM WE EXCHANGED GREETINGS ,AT THE TIME I SAW HIM HE WAS SPEAKING TO JIM MC CARTER REMEMBER HIS SISTER LILY SHE DIED AT A YOUNG AGE .HAROLD THOUGHT SHE WAS THE PRETTIEST GIRL HE HAD EVER SEEN HE WAS ONLY 16THEN [GLAD I AM NOT OF THE JEALOUS NATURE] RENEE

Re: Re: Old classmates and old friends

Hi Harnee,

Do you remember any of these names..... Ruth Hanna (no relation)Thelma Smith, Jean McCloy, Patsy Shirlow, Pauline Shields, Ethel McAllister, Ernie McConnell, Billy Mercer, Bobby Carlisle, Tom Carlisle, Winnie Potts, Olive Hall and Tom Lavery, they all went to Largymore around the same time as yourself. I don't know why these names stick in my head but they do.
I aggree with Harold that Lily Mc Farlane was a beautiful girl, so sad that someone should die that young.
Regards,
Beano

Re: Old classmates and old friends

Hello Billy
Billy Mercer died at the weekend while on holiday in Scotland
Maggi

Re: Re: Old classmates and old friends

Hi Maggi,

So sorry to hear of Billy's death, he was a wonderful person. If you are speaking to Rea please pass on our condolences and let her know we are thinking of her.

Thank you for letting me know.

Sincerely,
Billy