Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Silence is.............

Without Donald and Dabbler we seemed to be tongue tied.

A while back Low Roader asked for a weather update from all contributors to the forum. To Fraser, Terry, Harnee,and Ken who live on the other side of Lake Ontario from me, what do you think of our heat wave. I know I missed some of it being away, but it has been a hot one and no mistake. Today they are forecasting 42c with the humidity factor. We are on a water saving thing at present and it sure shows in our lawns and garden, anyway how do you feel about it, I know there is nothing we can do about Mother Nature.

Beano

Re: Silence is.............

Good evening Beano et al,
I was thinking the same thing myself.
The weather here has been very cool today and rather grey although I did go to the east coast where it was sunny but bitterly cold from the on shore wind from the North Sea.
We had a mini heatwave last week when temperatures reached 32C but I am sure you must be suffering at 42. I hope you are all well and not getting too sunburnt. I am afraid the chances of us having a water shortage are fairly slim as every month appears to be the wet season!!
LR

Hi, Beano the hot weather is really getting to us i like it when it is about 25 and we can open all the windows and get fresh air ,the rain today was a welcome sight and that means i don't have to water the garden tonight ,we don't have a water shortage as yet but if this weather keeps up it will soon happen .My brother Billy is coming to Canada for his holiday's in Sept so i do hope that the humidity has eased by then Harnee

Hi Beano,glad to hear you had a good holiday back in Ireland.We live at Wasaga Beach, at Georgian Bay Lake Huron,and there always seems to be a little bit of a breeze going on.Good weather is critical for the economy here,with fourteen miles of beach and lots of holiday makers everyone likes the heat.To day is a bit cooler,it will drop down to 25 degrees with possable showers,that will be good for the garden.There is no industry here so smog is non existant here.Ken.

Re: Re: Silence is.............

HI ALL, ENJOY THIS GREAT HEAT, AS YOU SHALL BE WISHING FOR SOME COME FEB. NO ACHES OR PAINS IN THE SUMMER. FRASER