Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
visit

Hi all, I shall be in Lisburn 29th this month for 2 weeks, any wee trips available, heard there is a boat cruise up the Lagan Canal. Taking my G/Daughter to see the auld town (city) and all the places i used to roam, well most of them, and my old homesteads. Any good pubs left in town for a pint or two and meet some of the boys from 50s era.? Fraser.

Re: visit

HI FRASER I WENT ON THE BOAT TRIP ON THE LAGAN WHEN I WAS HOME IT WAS ENJOYABLE YOU CAN GET A GLASS OF WINE OR A CUP OF TEA IF YOU WANT THE COST IS 6POUNDS EACH .I HOPE YOU SEE SOME OF YOUR FRIENDS WE DIDNT KNOW ANYONE WHEN WE WERE THERE ONLY FAMILY RENEE

Re: visit

fraser,
i was there this time last year and the only pubs i was sort of taken to was lizzie drakes at maze and plough inn at hillsborough and a lovely little place in drumbeg. all had nice food butyou normally had to book ahead,. i found a lot of people had nice conservatories on the back of the house and had the australian habit of inviting friends over and drinking at home taxis were available by phone and were prompt and relatively cheap
i had a bus tour with commentary round the falls and shankill area and found it interesting.
have a good time
good luck tom