Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Going off the air.

To all on the Forum,

I will be off the air as they say, as of tomorrow night.My son is going to do some updates on my P.C. and of course we leave for the U.K. on Thursday(23rd). We go to England first for a wedding in Lyme Regis and then over to "Norirn" on July 1st.for almost three weeks. Look forward to some good reading when I get back to Canada.
Regards,
Beano

Re: Going off the air.

Beano,have a wonderful holiday. I hope you get the same weather as what we are having in S.O.
The Lord

HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY THE WEATHER IS NICE AND I AM SURE THAT YOU WILL ENJOY LISBURN ,WE WERE IN ENGLAND ALSO AND WE REALLY ENJOYED THE SCENERY WE WENT TO THE LAKE DISTRICT ,BE SURE AND HAVE A PIECE OF RHUBARB TART IN THE COUNTRY KITCHEN IT WAS GREAT RENEE

Beano
Have a good trip I am usually in our shop on Saturdays 15 Bridge Street if you are up that way, except 2nd July as biggest son is getting married
best wishes Maggi

Re: Re: Going off the air.

Hi Maggi,which end of Bridge Street is #15,and what kind of store do you run there?Ken.

Sounds as though everybody is off to Lisburn. Have a good time, all of you. Beano, it’s not too late to try a pint of Guinness. Are you sure you didn’t...
Was your dad nicknamed Beano?

Hi Ken
No 15 is next door to Linfield Bar. We sell bits and pieces and our upholstery. My hubbie is an upholster and I make loose covers
Maggi

All the best Beano for your trip home, and you also Fraser. As you know Iwas home on the 23rd May for a funeral but it was not what I would call an enjoyable vist!!
Renee how was your brother Billy? If you are talking to him on line please send him my love.

HELLO everyone, I have just returned yesterday from a wonderful holiday at home. I have only time to say Maggie, I was in your shop last Saturday!. We walked past the Linfield, and I saw your shop and was attracted inside as the table was laid with the same dinner set that my parents gave to me as a wedding present in 1965. I looked at it with fondness and left. I saw I think a woman with fair hair, I wonder was it you?

Liz

Liz
that was me...why didnt you say,I remember you coming in your husband stayed outside?
Maggi

Liz
I also married 1965, next month on 17 July we celebrate 40 years or married bliss, every night like the first!!!
Donald

Donald
You’re at it again! Or did you mean you had a row on your first night?

Maggie, what a co-incidence! I had no idea that you were still in Lisburn, I thought you were living in England! If I had known I would have loved to talk to you, but now I know I will pop in next time I am over and I hope that is not too long! We had a great time, two days at the Causeway hotel, and walked from there along the cliff road to Dunseverin Castle - glorious scenery. And again I was STUNNED with the scenery along the Antrim coast - nowhere like it.

I used to go home and feel the heaviness and pain around the place, it used to upset me, but now, thank God it is a different feel. I was so happy!

Oh well, back to routine!
Liz