Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ulster Radio

Have any of you tuned in to Radio Ulster for Hugo Duncan or George Jones?. Unfortunately with the time difference I don't get the chance to listen to it a lot, but when I do I just minimise and carry on with my PC,it makes for excellent listening. You will find they play everything from old Irish standards to present day "pop".

Beano

Re: Ulster Radio

Beano
I am not so keen on Hugo or George, but I do like Gerry!
Maggi

I must say that I agree with maggi. Gerry Anderson is one of the funniest men on radio. He has also written at least one book "Stroke City" which is hilarious and worth a read if you need perking up.
I do quite like the music Hugo plays but I find his "Uncle Hugo" talk a bit irritating. Maybe I am just getting too old!!!
LR

Re: Re: Ulster Radio

Low Roader/ Maggi,

It is more the kind of music they play that I like, I find their chatter a bit fraternising. However when I have made a request for any of my family or friends in Nornirn they always oblige. As I have said before the five hour time difference doesn't allow me to listen to any of the other personalities.

Beano

Beano
There is a listen again feature on the BBC web site its at BBC.co.uk/ni and then you follow the link from there. Maggi

Re: Re: Ulster Radio

Thank you Maggi, I will give it a go as they say.

Beano