Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
car hire in Lisburn and health coverage

Hi all , anyone tell me were to hire a car for a week or so in town,( Sorry, City,)as I am going home 29th June to tour N.Ire., any help would be appreciated, thanks Fraser. Also is a pensioner covered for medical if they are receiving a British Pension while visiting N.Ireland from Canada? Maybe you know Jim.

Re: car hire in Lisburn and health coverage

Hi Fraser,

Hope you don't think me a know it all, I have already asked the same questions. As pensioners we are no longer covered by the U.K. health system as of Mar.2004. I have taken out yearly coverage at a cost of $213 (Can.) through the McLennan Groupand that covers both of us.As you know we live close to the U.S.border and make almost weekly visits over there,so it makes it worth while. I dont know of a car hire in the "City", but I do get a great deal at the Airport from a company called Dan Dooley..... ask for Heather and mention my name....it has worked for others.
Incidentally we will be home at the same time, we have rented a house in Portrush.

Beano