Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
honey I'm home!!!

I've just returned from a few days up in the Lake District. My kids thought it would do me good and I must admit it has given me a little breathing space.The weather was really nice and with it being a Bank Holiday weekend there were lots of people about. I have enjoyed reading all the new postings on the forum this evening.
This time last week I was on the ferry coming back from Dublin. I had barely enough time in Lisburn to see anything or anybody. Well I did have time to visit the bakery and the chip shop. One for fruit soda etc the other for pasties. My freezer has now stopped taking in. All the best for now Maureen

Re: honey I'm home!!!

Hi Maureen,

Nice to see you back, you certainly deserved a break after all your setbacks, it is always good to get away. It would be lovely to be close enough to be able to stock up on "Pasties" the way you have done, guess I will just have to eat enough of them when I am back home. Isn't it funny after all these years we still say "back home", especially since I have lived here in Canada longer than I lived in N.Ireland.
Beano

Re: Re: honey I'm home!!!

Maureen, great to hear from you. Well, come on, tell us what you thought of the place, come on, I miss your stories!!

Liz