Return to Website

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message. This forum is for the promotion of Bluegrass Music in the states of Ohio and Michigan. If you have a question about a festival or a group, are looking for a special guitar, or just want to chat about the great show or jam you went to last night, here is the place. Let's all keep it clean and play nice, y'all here? For Michigan Bluegrass visitors... you'll have to use your back browser button to get back to the Michigan Bluegrass site! I'm sorry! Until we have seperate forums, we'll have to deal with this. We felt that one forum would be best and a little cheaper on our pocketbooks, since is all by donation and little bit of advertising! Hope you all understand!

Buckeye Bluegrass & Michigan Bluegrass Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Celebrate Sunday, a Holy day

Happy Sunday:

The book of Psalms is considered to be a book of hymns. There are 150 songs. This would make enough music for a real good festival with plenty of side pick'n going on. Could you imagine a festival of bluegrass praise and worship music based on all 150 songs? Wow, I sure would like to be there! I have always felt that bluegrass gospel music is a unique style and makes a spiritual connection to God. I am sure you all have at least one favorite bluegrass gospel tune.

Each Sunday I always make sure that I pick out a few bluegrass gospel tunes and I pray that each one of us does as well. God bares the burden of world at all times. When I sing and pick a few bluegrass gospel tunes it always makes me feel that I am helping God, in some small way, with His burden. I am sure that God hears each voice and instrument and delights in the music.

Psalm 98:4 - Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song, with music; make music to the Lord with harp, with the harp and the sound of singing, with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn-shout for joy before the Lord, the King.

I encourage you to pick up your instrument and pick out a tune or sing a song for God on this Holy day. If you do not know a tune then learn one. If you have no instrument then slap your knee or grab some spoons, sing to the Lord! He will hear and delight in the glad sound.

God bless you and have a blessed day.

Rev. Kirik A Ritchie
Bluegrass Chapel

Re: Celebrate Sunday, a Holy day

Howdy Folks:

Happy Sunday to each and every one! It is time to sing and shout! Take out your cds or tapes and give those bluegrass gospel tunes a play or start pick'n! Make this a special day for you and your loved ones.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is one thing to me, a celebration of life! So, celebrate you life and other's today. No matter how difficult our life may be, today say,"Father, I lay my troubles at your feet, knowing you will never let me down!"

Psalm 46:1- God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.

Psalm 45:8- All your robes are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia; from places adorned with ivory the music of strings makes a glad sound.

"Father God, I pray that all who should read this prayer will be annointed with healing, prosperity and peace." Amen

May the good Lord take a liking to you!

God bless!
KA Ritchie
BG Chapel

Happy Sunday:

Hallelujah!!! What a wonderful day this is! I know you all will make this a special day in your life and the lives of those whom you are close to. Take out your instrument or a recording and fill your home with sounds of music to the Father.

Ps. 104:33 - I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

I can see the angels dancing around God's throne, maybe even doing the stomp to "Old Uncle Penn."
"Father God, place it upon the hearts of thsoe who read this prayer to rejoice and celebrate the life you have given to us all through your son Jesus. Father God hear our song and prayer and bless us all on this day the the days yet to come. In Jesus precious name we pray, Amen!"

Have a wonderful and blessed day!

KA Ritchie
Bluegrass Chapel

Happy Sunday!

Once again, a week has come to an end. It is time to give thanks for all that has happened over the past week and for the week to come. Remember to play some bluegrass gospel tunes today; God is listening!

Psalm 150-

"Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sancturary;praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord."

"Father God, bless all who should read this. Grant them peace and mercy in their comings and goings through out the week ahead. Protect their homes and places of work. We pray in the name of Jesus, Amen."

Kirk
God bless!

Praise God!

Yet another week has come and gone. We have much to be thankful for. Once again it is time to celebrate the life Jesus gave us with family and friends. No matter what has happened over the past week, good or bad. Take a few minutes and sing, pick, put a tape or CD on, of your favorite bluegrass gospel tune and give thanks!

Psalm 126:6 He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.

"Father, thank you for all that has happened in our lives. Show us the way and shine a light upon our paths. Bless our homes and work. Protect us and heal our illnesses. With you Father God all is possible and no voice or song goes unheard. In Jesus precious and Holy name we pray."

May God richly bless you all,

Pastor Kirk

Good Day:

What a wonderful day this is! Another week has come and gone and you know what is next! Start pick'n a few gospel tunes or put on a few of your favorite cds or tapes. Pump up the volume! It is time to rejoice in all we have been given, big or small and for the wonderous blessings yet to come.

Psalm 9:1-2 I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.

"Father God, thank you for all your blessings and protect us through the week ahead. Walk with us in our comings and goings. Watch over our families and friends. Bring healing and comfort to those in need. Father, we know you hear us and already have taken action on our behalf. Thank you Father! In Jesus's precious and holy name we pray, Amen!"

Have a great and blessed week.

God Bless
Pastor Kirk

How-d ya'll:

Well I guess you expect me to preach at ya'll. Well I am not! This is the time of year that all men, and women, know. By now you have a stack of bluegrass gospel and christmas cds. Ya'll been waring them out. So,I encourage you to "pump up the volume." Sing Happy Birthday on the 25th too! And you know whose birthday it is...Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.

There is one thing, one special request I have of my Buckeye Bluegrass family. Between now and Christ's birthday. Do one act of kindness to a stranger.

Well I got to go put some new strings on Pearleen cause we got a mess of pick'in coming up.

"Father God, I ask that you touch each and everyone of us with your hand of love. Comfort all who are in need and ill. God give a double portion of your grace in our lives. We give thanks for your Son and his blood that was shed for our salvation. We magnify and glorify your name. Thank you Father. In Jesus precious and holy name, Amen!"

God bless ya'll
Pastor Kirk
Bluegrass Chapel

Greetings Pick'rs & Grin'rs:

Pearleen(my giter) and I have been picking up a storm. Took me half an hour before my foot would stop stomping! I pray your holiday is blessed and full of joyous sounds.

"Father God, we come before you asking to be forgiven for our sins. Bless all those who are poor in spirit or ill. Grant us peace and abundance. We glorify and praise your name. We give thanks to you Father and to your Son whom you sacrificed for our salvation. We ask for a hedge of protection for our families and friends and in all our comings and goings. Father grant our petition. In Jesus precious and holy name we pray...AMEN!"

God bless ya'll
Pastor Kirk
Buckeye Bluegrass Chapel

Well what do you know, another Sunday is here. Hope ya'll had a good new years eve. I was at my church pick'in till 1 am.

We have much to be thankful for considering what has happened in the Indian Ocean. I know that prayers have gone out for all those affected by such a terrible event.

EPHESIAN 5:19-20

"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

"Father God, we give thanks unto you for all you have given us. We pray for a supernatual blessing upon our finances and families through out this year. We give you thanks and praise. In Jesus holy name we pray...AMEN!"

And above all, get some pick'in done!

God Bless
Pastor Kirk

Blessed Sunday to ya'll!

There is a certain scripture I have always liked. It speaks of a geneous nature but not just in a money sense. Jesus comments on a widows offering.

LUKE 21:3-4

"I tell you the truth, he said, this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth: but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

This has always spoken to my heart. It reminds me, not of money but of those who have faced hardship and still have a smile on their face or those who have had a very tough day at work but still come home with a loving heart for their family. Even the person who has every reason to be angry but still has a kind word for a stranger. Friends, this scripture tells me that even when you think you have nothing you have everything!"

Lets pray-

"Father God, help us all to understand and to open our hearts to the true treasure that we have in you. We give thanks unto you Father and ask for a blessing upon our lives. Protect us in our comings and goings. May your love be a light upon our paths. In Jesus precious and holy name we pray, AMEN!"

Have a blessed day and God bless you all.

Pastor Kirk

Blessed Sunday to all!

Well it is yet another Sunday. I have noticed that I have spent all my time in Psalms and the New Testament. So today lets go to Genesis 12:2-3.

"2.) I will make you into a great nation

and I will bless you;

I will make your name great,

and you will be a blessing.

3.) I will bless those who bless you,

and whoever curses you I will curse;

and all peoples on earth

will be blessed through you."

These words were spoken by God to Abram or Abraham. This was done after the fall of man in Eden, God's curse for the continued sins of man through the flood and the scattering of peoples over the face of the earth because of the tower of Babel. It was then that God called Abraham to be the intermediary of His blessings for "all peoples on earth." So, you are blessed through Abraham!

"Father God, thank you for allowing your blessings to flow to us. We know you are in the blessing business and want to give your blessings to us all. Father God, we pray for those blessings to be part of our daily lives. Thank you Father God. We praise your mighty and holy name. Glory and honour to you Father. In Jesus holy and precious name we pray. AMEN"

In Christ

Pastor Kirk

Blessings:

I pray everyone had a great week filled with wonders and blessings!

Last week I was explaining the blessings that were mediated through Abraham to all nations and peoples because of God's covenant. That covenant is so holy and strong that it can not be broken no matter what the circumstance.

In Genesis, there are two brothers, Esau and Jacob. Esau being the first born son was about to be blessed by his father. But, before that happened Jacob tricked his father into thinking he was Esau. Therefore Jacob got the blessing. However, Isaac, the father, after talking to Esau learned of the deception. Because the blessing was so holy it could not be changed. We see in Genesis 32:22-32 that Jacob had a conversion and repented at Peniel. God blessed his life greatly. Just as he will with yours!

"Father God, we ask for forgiveness of our sins. We give thanks unto you for the blessings in our lives. Thank you for all things in our lives. Bless our families, friends and those who are ill. We rejoice in your love and grace and sing songs in praise of you. We ask for a hedge of protection in our comings and goings through out the week. Protect us and keep us safe. In Jesus precious and holy name we pray, amen."

God bless you all!

Pastor Kirk

Happy Sunday,

Blessings to you all from the Father. I will continureon with my topic of last week.

Usually, the blessing that God promised through Abraham was passed on through the first born male in the line. But last week we learned of Jacob, who was not the first born, and there are others like Isaac and Joseph who were also not first born males. Yet were blessed by God! However there is one who is a first born male in the line of Abraham who amplfied the blessing. His name is Jesus.

Galatians 3:14 - "He[Jesus]redeemed us in order that the blessing of Abraham might come to the gentiles through Christ Jesus..." In addition, I will leave you to read Acts 3:25-26. In both these contexts Jesus Christ, the "seed" of Abraham, is the one whom the devine promise that all peoples on earth will be blessed is fulfilled.

So what does this mean? It means great news because, "you are blessed coming in and going out!"

'Father God thank you for all the wonders and mysteries that abound in your Kingdom. Thank you for the blessings in our lives. Thank you for our families and our prosperity. We come boldly before your throne seeking mercy and grace. We ask for your help in areas of our lives that need improving. Bless us through this week and keep our families save. We ask for forgiveness of our sins. We ask for healing on those of us who are ill. In Jesus holy name we
pray, Amen."

God Bless

Pastor Kirk

Blessed Sunday to you all!

I had a very blessed weekend. On Saturday I went to a Church for breakfast and then I sat in with a bunch of musicans and picked on some bluegrass gospel tunes. They were many people there and all had a great time. This morning, at the church I pastor in, we had a guest bluegrass band, and again I had a chance to pick some blurgrass gopsel tunes. I was blessed all weekend!

One of the important matters was that the word of God was heard during all the music. Each song had an element of Christ in it. I pray that you all have the opportunity like I had this past weekend to play music and witness.

Colossians 3:16 - "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."

Lets pray: Father, thank you again for all the wonders and blessings. We praise your name and sing songs to you. Fill our hearts with joy and peace. Forgive our sins and guide us. Protect our families and friends. We give you all the glory Father. In Jesus holy name we pray, AMEN!

God bless you all

Pastor KIrk

Happy Sunday!

I pray you all had a great week. For those who did not I offer up the following:

Ephesians 5:20

...always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

That is right! Give thanks not only for the good things that occur in your lives but for the not so good as well! I am also reminded of Dr. Schuller, who I heard say,"Tough times never last, but tough people do!" Yet this is not what I wanted to tell you all.

Some Christians during their walk with God perform an action called "fasting." Fasting is the abstinence of food and drink, usually for a day. The reason for fasting is to exclude sin from our lives inorder to commune with God. But what I am requesting here is not the abstinence from what goes into our mouths but from what comes out. So, pick a day out of this week and abstain from foul language, words of hate, jealousy, envy and so on. As a matter of fact, do a good deed for someone this week too! Make a difference in your lives, Jesus did!

Lets pray together: "Father I will not forget that you love me, more than I can imagine. Not matter what happens to me I will give thanks to you. I will try and do better this week Father. With You I can do anything and in the end there will be everlasting peace. Father bless my friends and family and those who are in need and troubled. Protect and bless us. Thank you father! You are an awsome God. I give thanks unto you. Thank you! In Jesus holy name I pray, amen."

Have a blessed week, God bless!

Pastor Kirk

Thanks Kirk, we needed that!

Sorry for the late message. Sherri is fixing up the place, early spring cleaning and all.

I pray that you all had a blessed week. I also pray that you all praised and worshiped God in your local church. I am requesting that we all attend a local church this coming Sunday. Go with a friend, family or both! You know over the ages the church and people went through an awfull lot of persecussion and suffering. Did you know all the Apostles were murdered for their witness of Christ? They were, burned alive, beheaded, drowned, sawed in half, skinned, flogged, scourged and crucified. A great deal of suffering went on so you would know the love and joy that Christ our Lord and Saviour has.

Cast off any doubt or fear that you may have because some people might tease or taunt you for going to church. Go there proudly and boldly knowing that you will be accepted not for what or who you are but because the church belongs to God and the head of that church is Jesus Christ! Remember what Jesus said: "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first (John 15:18)"

Lets pray, " Father thank you for the glorious kingdom you have for us and all that you have given. Father I call upon the Holy Spirit to guide us to your church and reveal the wonders of your mighty love. Bless us this week and watch over our comings and goings. May this week be a special time for us of reflection and my Jesus show us the way. Jesus is the light, the salt and the way! Thank you father! In Jesus Holy name, Amen."

God bless you

Pastor Kirk