Forum: General Forum
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
runes for exorsism

any one know of any? or any combonations thereof?

Email  
Re: runes for exorsism

no one goes on here much do they?

Well, I think one problem here is that your question doesn't seem to make much sense. The Norse didn't really have demons, let alone demon possession. So there is simply no conceptual room for exorcism runes.

Kinda like asking which Catholic saint do you pray to in order to keep Ragnarök at bay, or which Vedic mantra do you chant in a Shinto ceremony to appease your great-grandfather's spirit...

But yeah, you're right. I just pop over once in a while to see if I can help anyone with a *slightly* more academic perspective of runes...

Email  

wel i supose i could have put that a bit more clearly, what i should have seid was, dose anyone here know of any runes to combat spirits, or any combonations of runes thereoff, and i am more educated in runes than you think marcus

and try raphiel, or michiel

I would think a bindrune of Laguz and Algiz might be effective. You might want to research "Pyschic Shielding" also.

Email  

THANks ! i jsut thought of something! i think the rune Algiz and Tiwaz! would be unstopabble to sat open the gates! and bring victory against any and know and unknown demons or the like,any form of evil..
give some imput brother!?
thor'p333<>

Email  

wow thanks guys twill help me alot in my studdies

oh, and suprizeingly, one can use thiraz for protection, and to combat otherthings as well, it all counts on the intent when useing runes, theres posotives and negatives to all

Quote: gadamlu
wel i supose i could have put that a bit more clearly, what i should have seid was, dose anyone here know of any runes to combat spirits, or any combonations of runes thereoff, and i am more educated in runes than you think marcus

and try raphiel, or michiel

I'm sorry if I sounded like a know-it-all or something, but I'm really just trying to understand where you're coming from with this.

I thought the use of Nordic runes would be associated with pre-Christian Nordic beliefs. These include a variety of unsavory "underground" creatures and the idea that dead bodies can "walk again" as a draug if they're not staked down, but as far as I understand there aren't any spirits or demons as such.

By no means take this post as an attack, I'm just curious about these spirits you're combating. Runes for good luck or general protection are one thing, exorcism is another, no?

I should add that one reason I'm so interested is that I live just a few miles south of Scandinavia's biggest and oldest religious center, Old Uppsala, so the beliefs and traditions of rune-casters are not entirely irrelevant :).

Email  

I am acting as moderator on behalf of the Runemaker who is unavailable for a few weeks.

Marcus, there is a concept in modern rune magic of the "spiritual ether", a non-physical plane or dimension where the human subconscious can be in contact with the gods, and within that ether as we all know the ancient Norse postulated a number of evil entities constantly in conflict with the forces of good in an eternal evil v. good battle. In the context of runelore we should view the christian term "exorcism" - which Gadamlu has used for want of a better term - as a preventative measure against the influences of those allied to the evil side.

It seems to me that the practical bindrunes designed by the runemaker designated: RM5033 return ill-will to the originator and/or RM5047 protection against evil magic would perform the function adequately. You can see examples of these bindrunes on the Practical Bindrunes page of the runemaker.com website. Just click on the link at the bottom of this page and use the main navigation menu on the site.

Some will argue abou the need for IMHO 5033 if one is to accept the validity of the Threefold Law, which is primarily the Wiccan expression of a universal concept to be found in may faiths worldwide. But because evil intent is returned threefold to the originator that doesn't necessarily mean that the original evil has no effect on the target. In that respect 5033 will do a 'belt and braces' job in protecting the recipient.

thanks runester, and marcus, i actualy know how to combat manevolent entietys with runes i was just see ing if anyone else new on the site n' watnot

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com

The Runes Forum is supported by these Runemaker Group websites:
runemaker.com   runes.info   rune-tattoos.com   celtic-runes.org.uk   rune-fonts.co.uk   ancient-runes.co.uk   boboswald.com