Forum: General Forum
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Runes used on a cursed spear

I had an story idea of a spear that was crafted by a blacksmith. It was meant for someone that would play a large role in the final battle against an army of draugr (undead). The weapon is cursed in that anyone that uses it will die shortly after, only the person the spear was intended for can use it. The spear is also blessed with the ability to hum when someone/something comes for him with intent to harm. Anyways the story is mainly about each of the runes. I was hoping to have the shaft of the spear bear all of the runes etched into it, but I also need something else carved into the blade of the spear. I don't know what to put there and would really like some advice/suggestions. if anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Email  
Re: Runes used on a cursed spear

try a bind rune of theriaz, and wunjo

Email  

I wouldn't recommend that, IMO it is not a cool idea. Thurisaz and Wunjo have contradictory meanings and would result in a chaotic influence. Also the whole idea of a cursèd weapon invites the effects of the Threefold Law down on the originator.

If the story requires something like that to happen to the spear's owner then be sure you make that clear in the narrative. But if the story's hero is the owner it will cause him grief.

oh, sorry for my lack of knowledge, i just remember theriaz to be used for an, offencive meaning, and wunjo being used to direct things to a certian will

As to what should be on the spearhead....why not the name of the spear, written in runic form. Runes are not limited to divination and spell work. Perhaps the owners name or the smith's name incorporated with the spears name to show lineage. Just a thought.

Email  

It sounds to me like it only needs one rune on the head

Thurisaz (Thorn)
Thurisaz is like the thorn on a rose, it is protection to those on the right side of it but also warning to those it faces.

If this was any more than a story I would warn you to be careful using it in this manner.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com

The Runes Forum is supported by these Runemaker Group websites:
runemaker.com   runes.info   rune-tattoos.com   celtic-runes.org.uk   rune-fonts.co.uk   ancient-runes.co.uk   boboswald.com