Forum: General Forum
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Rune Dream

Before last night, the only thing I had ever read about Runes were a couple pages in Edith Hamiliton's "Mythology" in 9th grade English, way back when. However, last night I had a very strange dream in which a malicious entity tried to enter my mind and control my body. However, at the climax of the dream, I found a leather pouch. Inside were runes, or at least what I think were runes. The entity left my mind instantly and I awoke shaken and disturbed.

I was so frightened that sleep was out of the question. I soon went the computer and started to research runes. What shocked was that the runes in my dream were similar to the Elder Futhark. There are two explanations: I had seen the Futhark somewhere else, and these were recycled images from my subconscious. Or it was an omen.

Now I'm of a non-pagan faith (which I shall not discuss) and I am very scientifically minded in the traditional sense of the word. Yet somehow runes called to me. I went out and bought "A Practical Guide to Runes" by Lisa Peschel. I'm reading it voraciously.

Has something similar to this happened to any of you? I would be curiously to know.

Email  
Re: Rune Dream

I've not had an experience similar to yours, but coming from a similar background, I can tell you that there is certainly a meaning to your experience. There is a calling to the runes that I'm sure has hit everyone to one degree or another, and I think your case is especially strong. I only suggest you be as careful as you can in delving into the powers of the runes. I wish you luck on your journey.

Email  

I have to go with Bones on that one. I had a similar "sudden awakening" into runes and dived in head first. I'd never had an inkling of what the runes were about but within 2 days I was able to memorise them, feel them, had made my own set, had designed a few bindrunes (without even knowing what they were) all from feel and had one tattood.
There were dire consequences - loss of all I loved, work problems, health issues and tons of stress. Its been months and I'm still not on the road to recovery. As exciting as runes and the quest for knowledge can be please be very careful and follow the advice of those who REALLY know what they're talking about - not just those who claim they do.
On that happiest of notes - good luck, joy, peace and strentgh on your journey...

Email  

wow ! if you don't mind me asking , what rune did you have tatooed ?
Peace and the best of luck to you.

Email  

I had Uruz tatooed. I found a website that had it defined as the "strength you get from having a home and family". Seeing as I thought I'd found that it felt like the right thing to do. Well - we learn from our mistakes right?
Peace guys...

I've now decided to concentrate on Runic divination rather than Rune magic. The warnings about the Runes power seem to be well founded.
On a side note , I recently drew a Runic compass on my wrist where my watch would be and that night experienced a vivid dream wherein my whole body was covered with Runic tattoos!!

Email  

Hi, this is really interesting to read from one who's only beginning to work with or understand runes. I've been warned and am intending to heed the warnings! But yeah, there is something about them that calls to something primal within.

Email  

Hmmm, Uruz on it's own shouldn't be bringing any negativity your way. It is actually a rune of healing. You mentioned binds in your first post, what other runes did you have in the design? Also, when you were getting the tattoo was there an activating ritual at all performed for the rune or was it just tattooed on? The binds you mentioned, were they activated in any way by ritual intent?

I had a dream a week ago and again just yesterday where my Five month old was grown up and we were standing in a forest that was covered in snow. Then Odin appeared from the mist and smiled at us. He handed us each a rune, or what I think was a rune. He handed me what seemed like the Othila rune and he handed my son Jet the Wunjo rune I think. Odin then walked off into the mist and the last thing I saw was Hugin and Munin perched in a tree, then I woke up, but I was still dreaming. I was in my bed and I looked down at my feet which has snow still on them and there was a fresh tattoo on my left foot with the Othila rune next to the Tiwaz rune. I ran to my son's room and he was a baby again sleeping soundly with a smile on his face. He was holding a small wooden rune in his hand, the Wunjo rune. Then I woke up for real.
Now ever since that dream I've been having the gut feeling to get that for my first tattoo.
I'm Belgian and I'm pretty sure that my great grandfather told me I came from a Viking heritage when I was little.
Any ideas on what this means?

Email  
Blank Rune Dream

I had a rune dream last night. Prior to the dream I had heard of rune readings, but really didnt know what a rune was.
I dreamt that I arrived in Oklahoma by plane and boarded a bus with a bunch of other people. We were on our way to the hotel. On the way, the bus driver is making note of some sight attractions. I remember mountains all around and thinking "Wow, I didnt know Oklahoma was this beautiful!" Then I see the bus driver pointing toward a mountain and can hear/see everyone in awe of this mountain I turned to look and saw what looked like rows of vertical jagged stone that were blank with no writing on them. There was a hospital that surrounded the mountain. The bus driver pulled over so that people could get off the bus to take pictures. I got of the bus and ran quickly to take pictures too, and as I start to head in the direction where I thought the mountain was, I couldnt find it. I walked through the hallways of the hospital exiting through different exit doors only to not find the mountain. Then someone stopped me and asked, "Are you looking for the runes?" I said, "Is that what they call them? I guess so..." I kept searching and walking, and couldnt find them, then headed back to the bus.

The next morning, I googled "runes" and read about them to find to my surprise that the "blank" rune has no significance.

Amazing.....Any feedback much appreciated...

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com

The Runes Forum is supported by these Runemaker Group websites:
runemaker.com   runes.info   rune-tattoos.com   celtic-runes.org.uk   rune-fonts.co.uk   ancient-runes.co.uk   boboswald.com