General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
retroreflective protective puzzle of practicality and power

I'm no rune expert, but I've been trying to think of what patterns to make all over my motorcycling jacket with 15 feet of retroreflective tape. I finally realized that runes fit perfectly, unlike the Eastern religious symbols I was considering--too many curves in those--and I remembered seeing bindrunes specifically for safety, safe travel, and successful travel; somewhere long ago.

My primary question is how to activate them--I can't really do much with blood, that'd diminish the reflectivity of the tape 'til the first rain washed it completely off. I don't know what would be appropriate for large symbols sewn onto a mesh jacket.

I also can't quite remember what those bindrunes were or where I found them, if anyone can point me to some good ones. Thanks, all!

Re: retroreflective protective puzzle of practicality and power

here are some bindrunes
http://www.runemaker.com/wares/practicals.shtml

Thanks--but I can't quite tell for certain which individual runes are used in each of those, and from what I understand that's essential for making it correctly (although, using tape, I can't quite trace over each rune seperately). Also, I can't really bury my motorcycle jacket at an intersection of ley lines, like that page says. I'm going to need some sort of alternate activation ritual.

Activation of runic bindrunes and the runes themselves calls for special rituals. I don't believe it can be done using reflective tape. I'd say write whatever you want on your jacket and get a bindrune key chain from Oswald for your bike. The quality of the items he creates is utterly astounding. The bindrunes are also very powerful.

Yes Sandsted......I completely agree with your comment on the quality of the Runemakers work!

My recently received minature rune set was a truly outstanding example!

I got the classic box set with elder futhark runes, fighting dragon cover with forest green inside and had them made from English Willow. Also I got a bindrune pendent of my initials in elder futhark, fully empowered of course. I plan to check some things out with dowsing and get a pendulum. Also I've been wondering about these runestaffs or gandrs. I really want one but also want to learn more about them and their usage.

Yah, Good idea!

That also is my next step.......pendulum, then galdr (have to soften up the missus first, though!

I'm making my own staff (in spare time). I found a 5ft piece of wood that looked like it used to be from an old fence - the bit between the posts, took it home, striped the bark and marked out the runes on it. I don't know what the wood is, but it seems a little brittle. So, I may plane it again and burn the markings! We'll see.

The Runes Forum is supported by these Runemaker Group websites:
runemaker.com   runes.info   rune-tattoos.com   celtic-runes.org.uk   rune-fonts.co.uk   ancient-runes.co.uk   boboswald.com