General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is this a rune or multiple runes put together?

Well I cant draw it so i guess I`ll just have to describe it as best as possible.
OK here we go it is a straight line down the center then a "M" shape over it.

if you need a pic just e`mail me and i can send you one. any help would be greatly welcomed.

Re: Is this a rune or multiple runes put together?

It may very well be a bindrune but I can't be sure without more information. I need to see the image and I need to know as much as you can tell me about it.

Where does the design appear? If it's in a book give me the title, if it's on a website let's have the URL, if it's on an artefact of some kind tell me what, where it's from, how you came by it, and if possible how old it is.

To send me information load this URL and use the mail form: http://www.runemaker.net/genform.htm

The form has an image upload facility you can use to send me a photo or scan of the design.

Hi crimsonfox,

Looks like a bindrune of "Isa" and "Ehwaz" to me, but then I am not wholly experienced in runes. Perhaps a more learned person would give you a more detailed explanation. Maybe you should peruse Runemakers web-pages to glean some understanding?

****!! Beaten by one minute!!

Only a minute, and you're dead right as well. Ehwaz-Isa is exactly what I thought, but I gotta see it and know where it came from to be sure. If it IS indeed a bindrune it could be Laguz-Uruz or Uruz-Uruz (mirrored), or even Ehwaz-Algiz.

I'll post my findings on the Forum anon.

The Runes Forum is supported by these Runemaker Group websites:
runemaker.com   runes.info   rune-tattoos.com   celtic-runes.org.uk   rune-fonts.co.uk   ancient-runes.co.uk   boboswald.com