Welcome to the

KACF Forum 2011

Kids@Crownflats Forum

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
North London Christmas Lunch Photos

Hello kids how’s it going?

The North London Christmas Lunch finally got underway on March 5th at the Navigation Inn, Enfield. It was a good turnout (18 in all) with the usual crew plus a few more. This was our fourth North London bash and it gets bigger, better and noisier every year. I certainly wouldn't want to be visiting the pub for a quiet meal when we are there.

This year the lunch coincided with Joe Bloggs 8th Birthday. Yep it was 8 years ago on March 8th 2002, the Web Site went live. But more importantly it was 7 years ago, again on March the 8th, we had our first reunion when over 70 kids met up for the first time in over 35 years.

And the Winner is.....One of the highlights of this year's bash was we managed to persuade Joe Dunton to bring along his newly won BAFTA Award and of course everyone had to have their photo taken with it. You would not believe how heavy it was.

Starting at 12 noon with drinks in the bar, the bash went on for nearly 4 hours. For the meal everyone chose whatever they wanted; some had starters some had just the main course and some had a three course lunch it was really up to you what you eat. The total bill was a very reasonable £16 per head which included a tip for our very hard working waitress.

To see photos of the bash just CLICK HERE you can then click at the bottom of the page to come back to the Forum and leave a message if you want. “Phew glad I didn’t go” or “What a load of old foggies” or even “That looked fun wish I went now” Any old message will do just let us know you are still ‘alive and kicking’.

That’s all from me, thank you for supporting our Site

Joe Bloggs

alive and kicking at
www.crownflats.co.uk and www.kacf-forum.co.uk

Re: North London Christmas Lunch Photos

Photos are great. Well done Joey and well deserved. I wish I could have been there but it was not to be this time - Hopefully I will make the next get together but I'm waiting for a double cataract op so travelling is a bit of a problem at the moment, especially when the light begins to go but I was with you in spirit and next time I might have one or two with you (spirits that is )

What a great do I missed, will definitely try to plan our holidays around the next get to-gethers.

Wendy Russell

Well another Lunch with all the North London Tribe. These seem to get better as time goes on. Not only was the food good , eat what you want, drink what you can? the best part is the banter. Of course the noise made by all the GIRLS including Bathbun would drown out a Jumbo Jet, the Boys being their normal Quiet reserved selves!! Joe of course had the entire group in the palm of one hand the other holding on to the BAFTA Award , that is until the artful dodger JJ sprited it away for pollishing & weighing ,. All the Kids managed to get a look at the coveted and worthy piece before handing it back. It was a good venue to meet up with old friends & chat a while. We then dispersed to the Carpark Kissing everybody goodbye ( wish JJ would Shave his cheeks are so rough ) .
Thanks again for a good afternoon Love to all
Well done again Sheila
Les ( Von Matterhorne )