Welcome to the

KACF Forum 2011

Kids@Crownflats Forum

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crowwnflats sale Residents Association Appeal

Hello kids,

We have always kept politics, campaigns and petitions out of our web Site content, as we believe everyone should be left alone to make up their own minds about stuff and should not be harassed by others. Furthermore we have had a strict rule from day one and that is to keep our email addresses database private and not to be used for sales or propaganda aid for others. To that aim only I have access to the email addresses and no other kid, no matter how involved in the site, has access to the email data base. So it is very hard to for me to decide what I should do when being approached by the Chairman of the Crown Flats Residents’ Association, asking for help to save the Crownflats from being sold off. His request is simply for me to circulate details of their campaign to oppose the sale of Cumberland Market to all the KACF kids.

Over the years I have had reports from many kids of how the flats have gone downhill with no sense of community (like everywhere else in the UK). On my last visit to the flats I was told (not asked) to leave, in no uncertain terms, by some residents whilst walking around with my head full of childhood memories.

So why should I help these people? What binds us together as KAFC is not the love of the flats, but the happy memories of the community within it.

However (there is always a however), since my last NEWSLETTER sent out this week I have had numerous emails from worried kids whose parents still live in the flats and the situation does not look good. It is with this in mind (concern for OUR kids and their families) that I have decided, not to pass on his email, but to pass on their Web Site Address where those who wish, can see for themselves the situation. If, after visiting the site, you feel inclined, you can use a link there to sign their petition.

The Residents Association Web Site address is: www.ourhomesarenotforsale.co.uk