Kids@Crownflats Forum

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEWSLETTER February 2010

Hi Kids,

How’s things? Cold enough for you? Here are a few snippets to chew over

George Fage’s Book:

I have managed to obtain a few of George’s very funny book “My Old Man Was A Barrow Boy” so if anyone is after a copy let me know. The cost is £8 which includes P & P in the UK. If you live outside the UK email me and I will get a price with postage for you. It is a very funny book written by one of us who grew up in and around the Crownflats full of anecdotes about the past and the area.

Crownflats up for Sale:

If you don’t already know, the Crown Estates is in consultations about selling the flats. The talk is they intend to sell the freehold to an existing housing management agency as a going concern, not individual flats to the current tenants. If anyone wants form a consortium to make offer email in and we can put you in touch with each other. If you want to know more put “Cumberland Market Sale” into Google.

North London Christmas Lunch:

Due to heavy snow conditions the North London Christmas Lunch was postponed and rescheduled for Friday 5th March. Eight years ago on the 8th March 2002 the KACF went live so we can combine our Christmas Lunch with our 8th Birthday so please come along you are most welcome.

If you are interested in coming along it will be held at the same place as last year:

The Navigation Inn, Wharf Road, Enfield EN3 4XX phone 020 8 804 7788.

We are meeting at 12 for nosh about 12.30 but it is a Harvester Pub so it is not a set meal or time. If you are running late just call Sheila on her mobile is 0777 1537852 or me on mine 0781 5576309, no problem.

KACF Experience CDs:

These are now all sold out but if you feel you missed the boat then email me as I will now only make them up to order. How about a “KACF Special Addition Experience” 1 Web Site CD, 2 Web Site Music CDs and a copy of George Fage’s book? Don’t forget the Forum is still active….just

Hope to see you on the 5th March

Joe Bloggs
alive and kicking at
www.crownflats.co.uk