Welcome to the

KACF Forum 2011

Kids@Crownflats Forum

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEWSLETTER July 2009

Hi kids,

I have now successfully created a full working copy of our Site onto a CD complete with music. This enables you to show the Site to anyone who does not have Internet access and keep for your own record after the Site closes down in November.

The decision to close down the Site was only made after it was ascertained that a full working CD was possible, so there is no need loose all the photos and information that has been built up over the last 7 years. The Site grab (as it is known) was done on the 7th Birthday of the Site (March 8th) so all the Forum postings available on that date are also readable from the CD. The Forum can only hold so many posting so when a new posting is put on the oldest is taken off, that is why you can only go back so far when on the Forum.

There are no immediate plans to close down the Forum it will stay active even after the Site is closed at least into the early part of next year. If there are any kids you want to keep in contact with after the Site is closed I advise you to make a note of their email addresses now or contact them through the Forum whilst it is still active. When the Site closes down in November all email addresses and contact details held at Joe Bloggs Towers will be shredded.

The KACF Experience: The package consists of 1 fully working copy of the Web Site on CD plus 2 Bonus Music CDs covering 7 years of the Kids@Crownflats Web Site.

Apart from the Kids own Photo Album, the CD also contains history pages with rare photos of: Cumberland Market, the Steam Roller and Regents Park.
There is a working sample of the Kids Interactive Forum with over 175 postings for you to read so you can see what the kids said about you.
The mystery surrounding the Crownflats Holy Grail is revealed; why it was created and hidden for years. What do you think it is?

The CD comes with two Bonus Audio CDs featuring the music of the Site ranging from Bud Flanagan to the Rolling Stones.

The Site CD will run on all PCs (though AppleMacs will not auto start) and the audio CDs will run in all CD players (including your car player) and PCs.

The Crownflats Web Site CD contains:
55 Web Pages
55 Music tracks
327 Photos (some very old and rare)
178 Forum Postings (just a sample of our Forum Postings)
The Music Tracks are also available on two Bonus CDs

The KACF Experience is a private collection and will be made to order. For details email JoeBloggs@crownflats.co.uk or hit the reply button on this NEWLETTER. It will cost you £15 which includes P&P. To recap, you’ll get 3 CDs, one a full working Web Site copy and 2 music CDS plus a reusable (if you open it carefully) Jiffy bag.

The money raised will help keep the Forum running.

Other News:
One of the most successful ventures over the last few years has been the North London Christmas Lunch (held on January 15th this year) with more kids attending each year this really is getting bigger and better every year and don't forget all are welcome. It’s not always at Christmas and you don't have to be living in North London to go. North London is where it is held and it is usually in December sometime. You need to get on the mailing list if you want to come or be told when and where. It is organised by Sheila Bathgate and friends and is very good indeed. I have been to the last 3 and had a great time. Email ChristmasLunch@crownflats.co.uk to be put on the mailing list.

That’s about it, don’t forget to use the Forum it is open to everyone not just members and is free. Don’t loose contact keep in touch if only to say “Hi I’m alive an kicking”

Joe Bloggs
alive an kicking at
www.crownflats.co.uk

Re: NEWSLETTER July 2009

I am sorry the site is closing down, but I think it has run its course. I would love a copy of the CDs can you tell us how we get them..
Wendy xx

Wendy, I am away from home at the moment so do not have my KACF contact information to hand. Please email me at jb@crownflats.co.uk so I can contact you. Failing that I will email you in 2 weeks time. I am concerned you read this NEWSLETTER here you should have had a personal NEWSLETTER email.

JJ

Hi Joe

I would like to order the KACF Experience CDs and copy of the website. Please let me know where to send my £15 cheque.
Thanks.
Although I have not been very active on the site, I always enjoy reading the notes from other Kids. You have done a great job in getting the website going and enabling old mates to get in touch.
All the best.

Anne

Hi JJ,
You are getting great notices on the CD. How could I obtain a set? I will be in England from September 22 until about October 9 and will at one point in October be staying with Ron Woodward in Bagshot. Ron is dear cousin Val Smith's husband. If a set could be sent to me care of him,I really would put the cheque in the mail (more likely a sterling money order) when I'm in the country. It would be less bother than sending it to Canada. Let me know if this would work. Thanks, Mike.

Mike,

That’s OK I am making up another batch next week and can send one to Ron’s, so you need to email me the address to jj@crownflats.co.uk.