Kids@Crownflats Forum

Welcome to the

KACF Forum 2011

Kids@Crownflats Forum

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Has Joe Bloggs sold the site?

Who the hell is George Fage? Has Joe Bloggs sold the site to this guy? I have been visiting the site and Forum since I found it via Friends Reunited over 4 years ago. I have never been to a Reunion Party or contributed to this Forum as it is not my style and I doubt many kids would know me. Like many kids in the 50s I was not allowed to “play out” with that rough group of boys who where always in trouble (according to my Mum). Names like Jefferies, Schindler, Baxter, Wilson, Bartley , Stevens, Hampton, Horn, Bathgate, Russell & Daws where all known to me but forgotten over the years until I found this Site. The Site has been a revelation to me and made me realise what I missed out on during my childhood at the Crownflats (we lived in Ascot) and I for one will be sending Joe a donation to, as he puts it, “Keep the Site Alive”. But let’s not let it get taken over by Historians and Provocateurs and the like.
It has been hard for me to post this letter on the Forum as I do not do things like this but I feel so strongly about the site I had to make an effort. We all have to make that little extra effort to save the things we love and the memories we have of things that where good and now lost in this modern world of the ME generation.
Thank you for the site and forum please please do not close it down.
Regards
Alan Evans
Ascot House 1944-1967

Re: Has Joe Bloggs sold the site?

Now now let’s not get carried away. No I haven’t sold the Site but I suppose in a way your Voluntary Donation (VD) will make you a share holder... er no just a minute share holders want dividends .... no let’s stick with Voluntary Sponsor that sounds much better. However your VD to KACF makes you a VS or a KACFVS yep that’s it. All KACFVSs have VD ... er no that’s not right either. If you have given Joe Bloggs your VD then you can put the letters KACFVS after your name, how’s that?

Anyway if you have given me your VD that don’t mean you can be rude to other kids on the Forum.

Joe Bloggs KACFVS and Bar
Confused of crownflats.co.uk

Hi Allen

So glad you plucked up courage to email. It was great to see that you value the shared memories that can so easily be forgotten and have sent a contribution.

But please, don't have a go at our lovely George! The Forum had gone into the doldrums for a while, after the first couple of years of reminiscences and the excitement of contacting old friends.

George was a breath of fresh air when he emailed the site. He has only recently added new subjects to hopefully, trigger 'kids' email memories, at the specific request of Joe, who has labelled him the official 'Provocateur' for the site.

How about sending in some of your own reminiscences? Do you remember the Ballantynes, the Fawcetts and the Trys from Ascot? Also. Mrs. Clark, who used to feed all the stray cats and the birds. She lived on the first floor of Ascot at the end of the balcony.

Best wishes

Roberta (Bobbie)

.............. and there's me thinking VD was a Validictory Diploma, the sort of thing the Chairman of Board signed up for you after devoting a good part of your life to the Royal Mail (Post Office, to todays brethren).
Bet there's plenty of BT boys 'n' girls out there that thought STD (sexually transmitted disease) stood for Subscriber Trunk Dialling?
Hi Ho Silver Lining
Best regards to all from sunny Milton Keynes
Col
x

Well I'm back it's a year on and I'm writing out my cheque to JJ. I hope you will all remember to renew your Membership this year let's not let it die.

I notice the recent spate of posting are from non members and the password protection has disappeared, I think it is much better to have the Forum open to all.
I know Joe wanted to give the members something for their donation but I for one would rather the Forum left open to all comers I just want the Site to stay alive and kicking for my money.

I don’t know how many have renewed so far but add my name to the list, the cheques in the post.

Allan

Well it seems it takes me a year every time to build up courage to write on the Forum.... silly I know. So the site is to finally close after all these years, that is a shame but I can understand why. I would like to order a copy of the KACF Exerience please Joe please tell me where to send my cheque.

Allan