Kids@Crownflats Forum

Welcome to the

KACF Forum 2011

Kids@Crownflats Forum

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to keep up with the latest Forum Postings

Views and Replies numbers can be very confusing especially if you are following a particular posting. Just because a posting has 90 views it does not necessarily mean 90 different people have read it, more likely 10 kids have been following the string of replies and each time they open it up the Views number goes up. The more replies a posting gets the more its views shoot up.

I have had quite a few emails asking how to keep up to date with Forum Postings. It can also be difficult to see related replies to different postings, as kids tend to use different Subject Headings for their original message.

Firstly, if a new posting has occurred you should have the word New next to it, but that does not always seem to work.

Secondly, any new posting will rise to the top of the list, but again sometimes it doesn’t if more than one posting has taken place since you last checked in.

I find the Last Posting dates on the right of the screen very helpful. Knowing when you last checked in you can see by the dates what you haven’t read.

My last suggestion is to make sure you read all the posting even if the Subject Heading is not of interest to you or the person posting is not known to you, as a reply to one posting often refers to a subject brought up by a different posting. For example there are 3 different ideas at the moment for this year’s Party all running under separate postings.

Thanks for supporting our site
Joe Bloggs
alive & kicking at
www.crownflats.co.uk

Re: How to keep up with the latest Forum Postings

Hi Joe,
Thanks for your support & kind advice on how to monitor the forum postings, I'll wear it always.
Regards to all at the Towers.
Les

Re: How to keep up with the latest Forum Postings

Dear Joe

I have posted a message re Allen Grant but have entered it twice, sorry, perhaps you can adjust.

Regards Jane