Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gleason score-7, PI-RADS score-2

Has anyone had anything close to this experience: My PSA was 40, then 10 days later 31. Then I had a biopsy with 12 of 14 cores showing positive for cancer with perineural invasion and extra prostatic extension. Gleason score of 4+3/7. Then I had a bone scan which, thankfully was negative/no bone cancer seen. Then I had an MRI with:

"No visible suspicious lesion by MRI to correlate with the known
prostate cancer (according to a surgical pathology report from a
prostate biopsy dated 4/29/2021). No visible extracapsular
extension from an underlying mass."

Pi-RADS score: 2 (Clinically significant cancer is unlikely to be present)

I don't understand how 12 of 14 biopsy cores could show cancer but a subsequent MRI deems cancer unlikely to be present. Any explanation/theory/guidance would be appreciated.

P.S. I started on ADT hormone therapy a week ago--after the biopsy but before the MRI.

Thanks.

Rich K

Re: Gleason score-7, PI-RADS score-2

The MRI will not see low grade tumor. I also am a Gleason 6 with 3 cores out of 12 being positive but my MRI was clear. I am on Active Surveillance. PSA 9.8

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS