Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Genitals Exposed during EBRT Sessions

Harry; Interesting; Had that procedure also and was embarrassed at my now miniaturized and dysfunctional equipment being exposed for all. Completely normal reaction. My experience was that they were all very efficient and professional. A towel was held in front as I dropped trousers and I was allowed to control the towel as I got on the table. I am quite sure none of them wanted to view my genitals any more than I wanted them to be exposed. Unavoidable part of the procedure. I developed a good working relationship through the course of treatment to the point where I could see the humor in it. I joked one day that the towel did little good as they all retired to a safe room to view a screen that saw through all anyway. They quipped back that it didn't show soft tissue. Hah! Rub it in! I also asked one day why more protective measures were not being taken to protect what little I had left of my genitals and the answer was - a lead blanket thick enough to accomplish that would crush me. Sorry I asked! Jon.

Re: Genitals Exposed during EBRT Sessions

PRHC
Peterborough ON
Canada
I had this experience recently and wore a men’s diaper and armed myself with all sorts of jokes
in case the possibility of the EBRT mapping was done by female radiologists which was exactly
who were waiting at Oshawa hospital to tell me to change into a gown open at the back to remove
all clothing below the waist.
But I said with a lie “ I’m incontinent and have a men’s diaper on?” and lifted the gown to show her!
She said it was up to me to wear it and they will try to accommodate me.”

Anyway, I’m on the table and they ask me to raise my backside and they adjusted the diaper down
to expose all my public area and kept my genitals covered!
Ha, Ha! thinks me while getting off the table.
One of the herapist walked me back to change and said “ Mr Jones you’re not the first one to pull that scam
We always place a covering over that area before lifting the gown. We are aware of the situation and
know what to do best for our patients!”

I’m now 30% through my EBRT at my local hospital PRHC and am fully naked under the gown and every
time I lay down for the treatment they put another layer over the gown responsible for covering my
genitals and thighs before sliding the gown up to expose the area for radiation.
Please guys. Your manhood is not foremost on their mind. Help saving your life is!

And I must finish by saying that all these ladies and every female looking after our healthcare is
worthy of our greatest respect and their best intentions!

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS