Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cystoscopy

Hello Again,

I am going have a cystoscopy procedure this month. This is two years post a prostatectomy and one year after radiation therapy. My PSA's are
all undetectable, yet I continue to suffer with incontinence. I am looking for anyone who has had this procedure for your input and whether or not
there were any conclusions or additional treatment for the problem? Thank You

Re: Cystoscopy

Question....are you still doing kegels? After radical Prostatectomy we dont get to stop kegels but must continue them on.
Not saying a cystoscopy wont reveal if something is going on, it will. It will give you a clear view if there us something else there. Plus, you'll be able to see everything on the screen during the process.
Best of luck

Re: Cystoscopy

A cystoscopy is a very good diagnotic procedure. It may even help some people with thier problem, depending on what it is. I've had several cystoscopies and I'm having another one tomorrow. I have a "stricture" and the cystoscopy helps with that problem and also the doctor is able to see if there are any new issues. BTW, before my first cystoscopy, I researched it on the internet and was in great fear of having it. I almost cancelled it! However, I've found that my cystoscopies have been painless and are no big deal. Good luck and let us know how the procedure went.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS