Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Out of system care as a veteran

Peter; Yes the VA is a different sort of animal alright but it can be worked with. They have a program called "veteran's choice" where outside assistance can be authorized and paid for through the VA.I have no idea if it will apply in your situation but you should certainly check into it. See your local VA rep or you could try the direct route by calling the VA facility you are connected with. If you have been put on the disabled list due to your cancer (if it is deemed service related), That will be a big factor in attaining your goal. Problem is, this can take some time. You need to speak with your local VA rep. They are pretty much aware of all the things that are needed to make this work and are good advisors.
I went through my private ins. even though I had boots on the ground in Vietnam multiple times as a flying crew chief. After fifty years, I didn't have the proof needed to validate my "boots on the ground" claim. (We used to carry agent orange as cargo so I am convinced it got me but that is not proof for the VA.) Hope you have better luck! Jon R.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS