Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A Whimsical Diversion

Jon:
I suspect you and I will be long gone before the PCa problem is completely solved...especially with the click of a button. About all any of us can hope for is a little improvement step by step. One line from the Whimsical Diversion entry seems to represent a smidgen of progress in treating certain (non-PCA cancers); namely: " AI capability enables the team to formulate more effective plans based on all the medical literature published world wide including up-to-date clinical trial data."
Hope others take the time to weigh in as you did.
Regards Don O.

Re: A Whimsical Diversion

I haven’t been on this site for a couple of years. I recognize your names. I believe I had my prostate yanked about 11 years ago and so far so good. I have a buddy who had a PSA sky sky high about 13 years ago and was only given a couple of years to live. He is still alive with a PSA of only 1. It’s been a tough road for him with hormone treatments that would go for a period of time followed by periods of 6 months or so of no treatment to keep the body from getting too used to that specific hormone therapy. The side effects were not always fun but he still enjoys life in his mid 70’s. I understand that brachy therapy is much improved also to put it on kind of an even keel to surgery. Heading to a house party with my wife and joping the Toronto Maple Leaf hockey game is on the tv. Have a good Christmas guys.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS