Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dare I hope?

Having been through surgery and radiation for prostate cancer treatment, I am naturally nervous about physicals and the results of PSA testing. Just got back the results from a physical and got some pretty encouraging news all around. All blood work and parameters came out very good to normal AND PSA went DOWN from last year's result at this facility. Over the past few years the PSA has slowly risen from a low of .07 to a .13. This year it came in at .10. I am hoping this is a sign that it has settled down to a constant. Here is what I wonder if I dare hope is the case - My testosterone came back on the higher side of normal. With that and the lowered PSA result, do I dare hope that there is no cancer present to use this testosterone as fuel? Could it be a sign that I have been worried for no good reason? I know all too well that this is the real world and one has to be careful what hopes he allows himself to believe in but one can always hope can't he? Jon R.

Re: Dare I hope?

Jon:
Your stats sound highly favorable. Most of us PCa warriors understand there are no guarantees, but to answer your question directly: "By all means you are well justified to "Dare to hope".
Congrats and best wishes Don O.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS