Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Post surgery PSA's

Hi all,

I have had my 3rd post op ultra sensitive PSA with the result of 0.051. I will see the doctor in a few days and he may want to begin
radiation therapy. Any ideas for questions that I may ask? Anything can be helpful. Thanks

Re: Post surgery PSA's

There is a certain amount of "experimental noise" with the Ultra-Sensitive PSA test, so the small variations in your test results may not be significant. In most cases, the bottom limit of accuracy for the Ultra-Sensitive PSA test is around 0.02 ng/ml.

For more detailed information, please see: http://yananow.org/UltraPSA.shtml

It is good to get a series of PSA tests over time to see if there are any significant long-term trends. Based on those trends, you can make a more informed decision about whether you need any additional treatment methods.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS