Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paid Market Research Opportunity

RC Horowitz & Co. is a market research company that provides healthcare professionals with information about patient experiences. One of their current studies is for Prostate Cancer. They are looking to speak with men ages 30-80 who have been diagnosed and are currently receiving treatment. Participants would be paid $175 for a one-time 60-minute telephone interview.

For more information or to participate in the study, please contact:

Devi Heyer
RCHorowitz & Company, Inc.
(212) 401-7902
devi@rchorowitz.com

Re: Paid Market Research Opportunity

As a cancer victim, I am never quite sure how to view these surveys. "Markey research" immediately brings to my mind the almighty dollar as the motive for this study. If healthcare professionals really want to know about patient experiences, then they should be reading this site on a daily basis, especially between the lines. I think it is a good thing to promote awareness of the plight of cancer victims from the results of treatment but it would be nice to get it done without making us feel like modified lab rat specimens if possible. If I could be certain their motives were heartfelt in wanting to help and there was actually something that could be done, that would be great. I would like to participate. I just wonder if that is the case however, on either count. An out of the loop, third party research group is hardly someone many would care to share such personal and often emotional experiences with. Jon.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS