Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dealing with our situation

I watch this site pretty closely and try to catch all the up dates. We are all painfully aware of the physical side effects of this experience. By reading "between the lines" I sense a lot of emotional turmoil gong on in the posts I read here. Men are hard put to admit - even to themselves - to having emotional reactions, but it is more common in this experience than a lot of us want to admit to. When trying to set myself straight in bad times I have asked myself, "If I could, would I trade loss of eyesight, or loss of a limb to regain what I have lost from this cancer treatment? My answer would be "no" but even putting things in that prospective and knowing things could be worse, doesn't lessen the impact of loosing one's sexual abilities. I am back to "square one". A couple song lines from the past by someone I do not remember That goes, "You don't know what you got till its gone. Take paradise and put up a parking lot." and, "Can't get no satisfaction!" pretty well describe my feelings on the situation. I need to accept that I am stuck with a parking lot. My treatment was fairly drastic because of the serious biopsy results so I have very little left but a "wet noodle" and little of that. Orgasm is pretty much a wasted effort as two thirds of that pleasurable experience left with the prostate and it's accessories. Orgasm and the "after glow" that one experiences from that are now just pleasant and much missed memories and I find myself envious of those who are still able to experience that ability. I wouldn't change my treatment if I could go back as gambling with a cancer death is not something I would care to deal with. That isn't to say I have enjoyed the trip however! The natural craving we have for sexual action doesn't help much in this emotional healing. Don't know of any help for those of us in this situation. As has been said, take it day by day. Hang in there guys, we are all in this together. Jon.

Re: Dealing with our situation

Jon:
You might think in terms of adding the song "Staying Alive" to your mantras.
I know I have.
Don O.

Re: Dealing with our situation

Don; Understood! I think of that all the time and remind myself that is why we go through this. Jon.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS