Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PSA blood test .

At what age do you think you should start PSA blood tests?

Re: PSA blood test .

Greetings......
Many say start early, in your 40's or even late 30's if PC runs in your family. Others don't agree, and now I'm hearing that it's not a reliable test, etc., etc. I don't know why they say that. I started when I was around 50 years old since my father died of PC, and I wanted to be alert. It paid off too, as my graph of my PSA results on this site shows. This graph is on my pages here on YANA and I refer you to it. My PSA trended nearly horizontal in those early years, in the 3/4 area, and it was only later when it turned upward and then it trended exponentially upwards towards the 10/12 range.

My tests were covered by my insurance so there was no question of having the test. I strongly urge all men to use this test.

charles coryn, lancing, tn.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS