Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Beware: PSA can be falsely lowered by medications prescribed for an enlarged prostate & questions.

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it. I wish you the best of luck with your treatment and that your cancer goes away and never comes back.

All the best....

Beware: PSA can be falsely lowered by medications prescribed for an enlarged prostate & questions.

Jo Ann; Always sad to hear tragic stories such as yours. We on this site all grieve whenever such news is passed as we have a special understanding that comes with being brother victims. O.C. gave what is probably the most accurate answer there is for your questions. This is a devious, sadistic, disease that can range from seemingly harmless to killer and is totally unpredictable. When such tragedies strike, we all tend to second guess our own decisions and other's, wondering if it would have made a difference. Read some of the many stories on this site and you will see this is not unusual. Unproductive as such questioning is, it is hard not to do. Do not beat yourself up over what might have been, could have been, or should have been. Go on with life as your husband would have wanted you to do and cherish the memories you have of your time together. Sympathy and wishes for the best for you and your family, Jon.

Thank you for your kind words and insight. They are welcomed. I know my husband wanted me to be ok, and I'm doing a little better each day. I am very thankful for the time we had together and do my best to honor his memory everyday. I'm fortunate to have wonderful kids, grandkids, and friends who provide support and joy.

I will read some of the stories that are on this site, I'm sure they will be helpful. I also wish you the best with your fight and hope you are doing well. Prostate Cancer can be an awful and unforgiving disease. I hope the medical researchers can come up with better testing to catch it earlier in the future. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me.

All the best,
Jo Ann

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS