Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hypofractionated proton beam therapy? Can you share experience with me?

Diagnosed 11/14/17 at age 75 after 9.98 psa, a Gleason of 7, a PIRAD score of 5, 60 % involvement in one node, 100% in another and possible extraprosthetic lesion. Have decided against surgery but am eligible for a Stage III clinical study at Mayo Rochester of moderate dose hypofractionated proton beam therapy with concurrent treatment of the prostate and the pelvic lymph nodes in 25 sessions with 67.5 Gy to the prostate and 45 Gy to the lymph nodes. A six month Lupron shot will be given on Dec. 14 and I will start treatment with carbon seed implants March 1, 2018. Could anyone share their experiences with a similar regimen and tell me if there are any concerns I should be addressing before I sign up for this trial? It would be a great Christmas gift to both myself and my wife if we could hear from others. Feel free to contact me directly or post responses to the board. We have already read a few postings on the subject here. Thank you in advance. This group is fantastic!

Re: Hypofractionated proton beam therapy? Can you share experience with me?

LP
Assuming you have not already done so, why not contact Mayo Clinic to determine if someone there can provide names of PCa warriors who have undergone the same or similar treatment protocols?
Another possible resource would be Bob Marckini whose email address is rmarckiini@aol.com
Best wishes (and Merry Christmas)
Don O.

Re: Hypofractionated proton beam therapy? Can you share experience with me?

You may want to inquire about Spaceoar - to protect your rectum. That is
a concern as it is right up against the prostrate gland. Good luck.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS