Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"magnetic therapy for everything"

Here guys is a subject for research and feed back. I just attended a free dinner seminar from a company selling magnetic therapy treatment for just about any ailment you could have, including CANCER. No claims of cure for anything were made but of course made it sound very convincing in treating everything from migraine headache, arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and well - you name it. It supposedly does this by enabling the iron in the blood to more efficiently distribute oxygen throughout the body. It also is said to create an alkaline state that cancer does not like. Much time was spent quoting medical reports and reviews etc. If true and not snake oil, it sounds good. I am always skeptical of things that sound too good to be true and this certainly would qualify for that, but also try to keep an open mind about such things. Of course their products are very expensive. (HIGH PROFIT MARGINE) Their main course is a mattress pad laced with magnets at over two thousand dollars! Chair pads, pillows, and insole liners for shoes are also available. I know there are some good researchers out there and some common sense level headed, experienced, people in this group. Would like to hear feed back on this. Of course we would all like to have it "arrest" any left over cancer we may still have and if it truly did that, I would not mind spending that inflated price. Was also brought up that though a doctor may write a prescription for this, that NO insurance or VA will cover it! Jon.

Re: "magnetic therapy for everything"

Snake oil salesmen disgust me, Jon. I advise you to dismiss this mumbo jumbo from future consideration!
OC

If magnets were good for everything, why not just go through a MRI every so often?

Now that's some SERIOUS magnetism!

Don K.

Yep, pretty much looks like this one is exposed alright. All my research says it is just another scheme to relieve older folks and the vulnerable of their money. Good to expose these things however, so more are aware of the facts before they are confronted with the situation. These types canvas the country sifting out victims. Not only do they take advantage but they could be doing actual harm in some cases by convincing some that they no longer need the medicine their doctor has them on for whatever ailment/s they have. These guys are good and have an answer to everything, even the MRI thing. Jon.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS