Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Detectable PSA after Radical Surgery Options?

The outcomes are the same - you have plenty of time , prostate cancer cells become resistant to hormone therapy eventually, treatment of choice would be radiation /ADT

Radiation and 6 month Hormone treatment ASAP. You may get lucky and have no problems with the radiation like me and I think most people. You need to prepare for the hormone treatment by starting an appropriate exercise program and watch your diet/weight gain. I think most patients will say that their fear of treatment was far greater than what it is actually like. The 33 treatments were like going to a spa for me and you meet the nice people running the machine.

Yes i did before it got to .5 earlier the better yes i was same PET scan picked up nothing (good sign) but psa rising so you know something going on.

Terry, you say "the PSMA will not show the cancer under PET Scan at such a low PSA number now", but actually a PSA of 0.4 is not too early to get a Ga68 PSMA scan. It may not show anything, but is highly like to do so.

With a post surgery PSA rising from 0.1 to 0.4 so quickly, there is something very serious going on. Sitting back is not the way to go. Maybe it is not too early to start ADT treatment (Casodex, Zoladex, etc), and have a GA68 scan and then be prepared for some targeted radiation sooner rather than later.

All the best to you and hope things work out OK.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS