Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

Return to Website

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Radiation

Seems many are getting this treatment, considering it for primary or secondary treatment. Like anyone would, the thought of going through this serious radiation is intimidating. Most of that intimidation is groundless. Yes, it is a serious treatment and not to be taken lightly - radiation is not good for a person for sure. However - if done for a justified reason such as cancer destruction, fear of the process is useless worry. Before radiation I thought of it as getting one's ears pierced at fifty yards with a deer rifle - in short I was also worried about the risk. It was a painless process actually. It had very little effect on me that I could tell. For me it involved dropping my drawers in the presence of several young, pretty nurses each day as they held a towel in front of me. Once one got used to that, it was no big deal and much less humiliating than some of the other treatments we go through for this disease.(I am sure they were not impressed.)After a few days there was no better choice than to make light of the situation and that made it better for everyone. I joked that the towel was of little use as the scanning for each session saw right through the towel anyway. (I was assured the scanner didn't show "soft" tissue! I commented that must be why I didn't hear any laughter coming from the scanning room.) On Halloween, one nurse wore a cow costume complete with udders and I joked that now she should know how I felt each day. They were well trained, friendly, thoughtful, and professional always. Maybe not so easily done in dealing with so many each day with a serious disease. The worst part of the process is the time it takes from each day for a few weeks. So don't fear the treatment part much at all. Just hope it does what you want it to do and does not cause any ill side effects later on. Jon.

Email  
Re: Radiation - by virgil - Jul 19, 2017 2:08pm
Re: Radiation - by Arshad Nawaz - Jul 20, 2017 6:29am
Re: Radiation - by virgil - Jul 19, 2017 2:30pm
Re: Radiation - by Jon R. - Jul 19, 2017 3:53pm
Re: Radiation - by Arshad Nawaz - Jul 20, 2017 6:21am
Re: Radiation - by virgil - Jul 20, 2017 1:01pm
Re: Radiation - by Bruce - Jul 26, 2017 1:42pm
Re: Radiation - by virgil - Jul 27, 2017 5:12pm

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS