Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"muscle car comparison"

Something I often do is to write things to express my feelings since I don't communicate well vocally. Here is one I think many might identify with;

The mental aspects from having a prostatectomy are a bit like having grown up with a muscle car. It is shinny and new and when you want to go fast, the four barrel kicks in and you fly! As time goes by, you both get older and rustier but the four barrel still gives you that good feeling when you kick it in. You age with the car and the four barrel gets used a lot less but is still there when you want to use it. Then one day the four barrel comes down with a serious problem and it needs to be repaired. The catch is that there are no parts available so the only choice is to eliminate the four barrel option and only run the car on the two barrel economy portion. You 'gut out" all the workings of the four barrel portion and block all the lines going to it that make it work. The car runs and all looks the same but you know, under the hood, it is not the same anymore. The option of kicking in that four barrel is not there anymore and you suddenly realize you have lost a lot more than just some mechanical function. Things will never be the same again and life goes on - but is forever changed. Hang in there guys! Jon.

Re: "muscle car comparison"

Well said, Jon!

DonbDtbdk

Re: "muscle car comparison"

I can identify with that. JH Aust

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS