This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer. There are only four rules:
No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making
Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.
Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.
Thanks for your advice. After another opinion from a Urologist I have cancelled my Surgey and decided on active survailence. They have asked me come in for another MRI in six months and based on the results maybe do another MRI guided biopsy.
I have been told that a Gleason 6 tumor itself does not usually grow to a higher grade. Was that the case with you or did they find another tumor with a higher grade?
They found another tumour with Gleason 9.
I made sure to ask whether this was a G6 that had deteriorated into a G9, but was assured by urologist and surgeon that it was a new tumour, and as you say, G6 tumours don't change into G9 cancers.
I'm glad you decided to sit back and take it easy for a while.