This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer. There are only four rules:
No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making
Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.
Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.
Thanks for your response. I am reading and researching still, it is indeed a very difficult decision. Here is how I am looking at it so far:
Why Surgery now:
- Becuase I will find out with certinity that I have an aggressive Cancer or not.
- It gives me a chance to be cancer free
- No more biopsies
- I am younger and healthier than I would be in the years to come
- Better chance of avoiding side effects, and risk of growing cancer.
Why Active Survailance (Wait and see)
- I may not ever need intervention (very slow growing)
- I can get treatment when needed
- Keep my quality of life for as long as I can
- Newer technology may become available that could either predict better or keep it dorment
3T MRI done on 01/16/2017 (found suspicious lesions)
Biopsy done on 01/31/2017 (found 3+3)
Waiting for another PSA in 2 weeks.
Surgery currently scheduled for May 4th
Waiting for Genetic test results on biopsy sample to see if cancer is aggressive or not.