Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "enhanced" emotional state after prostatectomy

Jon R.
I suspect the emotional changes you are experiencing are directly related to your sharp reduction in testosterone production.
Don O.
P. S. The image duplication requirement is becoming more and more burdensome.
Don O.

Don, I agree. The process almost always takes at least two tries even after much study. Maybe the theory is that a computer generated message doesn't have the ability to repeat the process and thus weeds out such things. My reference of four tries was due to the site malfunction experienced yesterday as noted by Mark. Don't know where my other three posts on this subject ended up in cyber space. (Note, still have my "nuggies" so testosterone is still with me - about all I have left in that department!) Jon.

Nuggies RIGHT! Brain freeze. Sorry.

My wife says I'm more aware of people since I
was diagnosed. Certainly I'm more empathetic
and value others in a way I didn't before. Not
A bad thing!

Hey Jon,
I am 9 month post-op, never had any other treatments prior to robotic surgery, and have not noticed any hyper-sensitivity since.
In fact, I am a bit more impatient, ha ! But I noticed that BEFORE surgery, so chalk it up to lack of sleep, etc.
I was concerned, too, about anesthesia, but cannot identify any mental change.
If you are more sensitive, 1) it's not a bad thing, and 2) Could it be linked to some disappointments ? You could investigate that.

For me, despite all the good news, I am sad about losing function (without help), and starting to lose hope. How could that not affect mood a little from time to time ?

What ever you do, DONT WORRY, and move on, you have a lot of living to do !!
Paul.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS