Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EBRT side effects

Thanks Old Codger for the reply.

I do drink 25 ounces of water prior to treatment. Reported this to my Oncologist, and she put me on the pyridium. I had a Guided MRI just prior to my treatments, and I am thinking my prostate has not healed yet.I have talked to 2 different people doing the same radiation treatment, and they have no side effects from burning while urinating. I also had a urine test and no infection was found. It just might me they need to adjust my body to the radiation.

Re: EBRT side effects

Roger; Sorry to hear you are having some bothersome side effects from the radiation. I am not going to be much help here as I had very minor effects from it. I was almost a year past surgery so that may be why. One's urethra goes through a lot of trauma from this cancer treatment process. As you said, it may not be properly healed yet and still vulnerable. It has been through a lot that it was not designed to endure! I have noted that even the supposedly simple process of catheterization is quite often traumatic because the folks doing it don't take the process seriously. They feel they are professional now and they don't need to take all the precautions and proper steps they were taught in medical school - and besides, their victims are usually asleep when they do it and feel no pain or damage - until later. More than likely your newly healed urethra is getting a bad case of "sunburn" from the radiation. Jon.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS