Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Final Biopsy

Roger,
I tried to have my bladder at the same level of fullness for both the "setup" and then for all the treatments so everything would be in the same place every time. I used two cups of coffee about 45 minutes before my session time (I also take a diuretic pill for high blood pressure) and that would give me a consistently full but not painfully full bladder. You might try different amounts of fluid to see what seems to be the right amount for you if your doctor agrees.

Frank,

They want me to drink a quart of water before each session. two cups of coffee is way below a quart. I am very worried that I cannot handle a quart of water. Wondering why the two cups of coffee was sufficient for your radiologist. (Maybe I am just misunderstanding your procedure.)

I am taking tamsulosin, one tab per day, I just increased that to two. I am hoping that will help some. It's enough to get stressed doing the radiation, and the fact cancer is lurking in your body, then throw a quart of water in the mix and hold it for two hours is a bit much.

Thank you Frank for the support!

Roger

Roger Philpot
Frank,

They want me to drink a quart of water before each session. two cups of coffee is way below a quart. I am very worried that I cannot handle a quart of water. Wondering why the two cups of coffee was sufficient for your radiologist. (Maybe I am just misunderstanding your procedure.)

I am taking tamsulosin, one tab per day, I just increased that to two. I am hoping that will help some. It's enough to get stressed doing the radiation, and the fact cancer is lurking in your body, then throw a quart of water in the mix and hold it for two hours is a bit much.

But , I will put on my Big boy pants, and stop whining. And do What I got to do!

Thank you Frank for the support!

Roger

I would agree with Frank's suggestion about discussing the timing and amount of water with your doctors. As I had a difficult train journey before each session my consultant agreed that 500 ml taken about 30 minutes before I reached the hospital would be sufficient. I know that protocols vary but 2 hours beforehand seems a bit excessive.

Best wishes.

Lyn

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS