Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PSA Doubling

Kd
My layman's perspective based on 8+ years of PCa warrior experience is as follows:
Assuming your PSAs were taken at the same lab, the lab did everything right and you did nothing wrong (i. e., engage in any sex play 24+ hours prior to the blood draw, etc.) you have every right to be concerned.
All the experts I have heard over the years talk in terms of a particularly worrisome doubling time being within a one year period.
I will offer one other comment: the pattern you describe appears most unusual.
In any event "Best Wishes" and please keep us posted.
Don O.

Don is correct, you have every right to be concerned. This fast pace of your PSA advance is unusual. Hope for the least serious explanation but be prepared for the worst. It is possible it is an infection. We all hope for that but since those lucky ones that do have an infection do not end up posting on this cancer site, we don't hear of many that have that hope materialize. Hope your appointment is soon and there is good news for you. Good idea to have the wife along to catch things you may not hear. Maybe I shouldn't say, as I am certainly not qualified, but if it is cancer, it would seem that you have caught it early on as fast as it is moving and not any higher than it is. Don't panic but also don't procrastinate. Best wishes bud! Jon.

Hi -

My PSA was high 5's, low 6's (had biopsy - didn't find any cancer) - monitored for next 5 years where PSA was rising very slowly, then had to go to different urologist (other one moved from area) Anyway new lab came back 10.4 - (had another biopsy - found very slow growing cancer in 2 out of 12 cores) Then I went to a radiologist and asked for another PSA test - this one came back8.4 - still too high but just saying 2 point difference.

CJ

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS