Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ultrasensitive PSA Variations

Jon R.
Thanks for your response. Very kind of you to take the time. You may be certain that I am blessed to have such minor issues. I continue with my exercise and moderation in diet and drinking, and keeping a watchful eye.

Best Regards
Larry

Larry,
It is unusual to have no trend with PSA like that at this point in your treatment. I have heard of this happening 5 to 10 years after treatment. My guess is that the PSA is coming from the dying prostate cancer cells. I suspect that a trend will develop in the next few years (good or bad) but you are down to low PSA values now so that is good and it was a very good decision to get the adjuvant treatment. The other sites for PSA do not really produce any significant PSA even with the ultra-sensitive test.

Frank,
Thank you for your response. My PSA history continues to be confusing, but I take comfort in the trends both prior to adjuvant therapy and now. I find myself wishing there were more extensive nationwide and worldwide data bases tracking more detailed analysis of PCa to address these issues.

Best Regards
Larry

One new trend that will help you in the future is the "liquid biopsy" which is a blood sample that is tested for stray DNA strands in your blood from cancer cells that have recently died. ( this is actually being done now in at least one cancer center I know of) They can test the PC DNA and determine how aggressive it is, any drugs that are effective against it and if the PC is likely to be lethal.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS