Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sexual dysfunction after surgery

Tony:

You have many alternatives available to you. It may take a fair amount of research to find a suitable solution for you and your spouse. Log on to the following PCa site as a starting point: http://prostatecancerinfolink.ning.com/

You can begin with the same question you posed here or you can do some reading first. There are at least three sub-groups devoted to "sexual dysfunction" each with a number of questions and answers on topics you will undoubtedly find helpful.

If you begin with a posting I suggest you provide more detail on yourself and your circumstances, e. g. age, what measures you have tried without success, whether or not you had nerve sparing surgery, etc.

Best wishes Don O.

Re: Sexual dysfunction after surgery

Tony, I do not know your details, but in my experience it took a good 12-18 months to mostly recover from both nerve sparing surgery and salvage radiation. The pills worked fine for 8+ years, but I got tired of the side effects. My wife and I had some moderate issues during the "recovery" time, but all since resolved. There is a website called "Franktalk" (I think that is it anyway) and other forum type sites that would be helpful to you I expect--do the research.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS