Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How I reterded my PSA going up rate

Alexander, I don't want to discourage you but I think you are exhibiting the "placebo effect". I would be worried about the current level of PSA in your situation. The PCa could easily be spreading if you are receiving no other treatment. On the other hand you may not have PCa at all. There could be other reasons for that PSA level but I would only be happy with a level under 0.1 with your history.

I would never advocate what you are doing as a "sole treatment" for PCa as despite your advocacy it has NOT been proven in peer evaluated wide scale trials. To rely on that alone is dangerous. Sorry to be blunt but people with little experience of PCa coming to this site afresh are often very anxious and ready to go for any type of snake oil remedy. They risk huge disappointment.

The best way to help the regular treatments is to eat healthily, maintain a fighting weight and exercise well for general health benefits.

Good Luck

Old Codger in England.

Re: How I reterded my PSA going up rate

Old Codger; Wise advice, well said. Proceed with caution. Jon.

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS