Prostate Cancer Survivors

YANA - YOU ARE NOT ALONE NOW

PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT SITE

This forum is for the discussion of anything to do with Prostate Cancer.
There are only four rules:

• No fundraisers, no commercials (although it is OK to recommend choices of treatment or medical people based on your personal research; invitations to participate in third-party surveys are also acceptable, provided there is no compensation to YANA);
  • No harvesting e-mail addresses for Spam;
  • No insults or flaming - be polite and respectful at all times and understand that there may be a variety of points of view, all of which may have some validity;
  • Opinions are OK, but please provide as much factual evidence as possible for any assertions that you are making

Failure to abide by these simple rules will result in the immediate and permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Since this is an International Forum, please specify your location in your post.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zytiga - How long does it take before PSA level start to drop?

Hi All,

My father started Zytiga one month back, and his PSA level was 15,000 before he took Zytiga + Prednisone and Bondronat injection to strengthen his bone.

One month after taking Zytiga + Prednisone and Bondronat injection, his PSA level raised significantly to 30,023. Since last month (even before taking Zytiga), my father's condition was deteriorating and his Haemoglobin level is on the lower side (8.6). He feels tired most of the time and stays on bed, and he can only walk for a while.

Can anyone on Zytiga share with me how long it takes in your case to start seeing the level of PSA dropping?

Thanks,
Roni

Re: Zytiga - How long does it take before PSA level start to drop?

Roni,
Given that a PSA of 100 is considered alarming your father's PSA of 30,000 is in a range that would be difficult to predict what will happen. He is probably the only person to have ever had a PSA that high.

Re: Zytiga - How long does it take before PSA level start to drop?

Hi Frank,

Thank you for replying. Yes, my father's PSA is very high and I am also in contact with Roy White who also reached very high PSA although not as high as my father's.

My father was still having normal activities and able to walk until his PSA reached 15,000 and his condition started to drop in the last two months.

Best Regards,
Roni

RETURN TO HOME PAGE LINKS